Are you at home craving a creative career? As an Interior Stylist who has been in the industry for 10 years and has also lectured at Central St. Martins College in London I have the knowledge to help you infiltrate this amazing creative industry. On top of sharing real life case studies and expert mood board techniques, I will also help you create your own portfolio to start you off in your new career!
As a leading interior stylist I have worked in my field for a decade. Like many, I started out studying the Interior Styling course at University of the Arts London (Central St. Martins) and this year taught that exact same course at the new Kings X campus to 16 interiors obsessed people! I will be teaching you everything you need to know in a course format that you can study at your own pace.
I have worked in-house at Livingetc magazine and have since freelanced for the best glossy magazines in the UK like Homes and Gardens, marie claire, Sunday Times Style, Warehouse Home and YOU magazine. I have also styled for big names like M&S, Debenhams, Furniture Village, Heal's, Hilary's, ASDA, Made.com and Black & Decker, as well as many other incredible brands and designers such as Dulux, Freeview TV, Ruark Audio, Brintons carpets, Monsoon, House of Fraser, NEXT, sofa.com and Lights4Fun (and many more...)
- Videos, downloads and slideshow presentations, all in an accessible and an easy-to-follow format.
- Creative tasks to complete along the way to test your knowledge.
- Private facebook access to meet and chat to other course participants.
- A comprehensive understanding of the industry and how to become a stylist.
- An understanding of the creative process all the way through from initial mood board to the final shoot.
- How to create a simple portfolio from scratch.
- How to create a project in response to a client brief.
WHAT YOU WON'T WALK AWAY WITH
You won't leave this course as an expert stylist.
The only way to become a good stylist is practice, practice and more practice! I am helping you set the foundations, so you can understand the process of becoming a stylist offering some creative techniques to reach your goal.
Being a stylist is a passion project and I want to help you start your journey!
SHOULD YOU BUY THIS COURSE?
- If you want to explore becoming an interior stylist and all the industry has to offer, then yes.
- If you feel stuck in your job and want to transition into styling, then yes.
- If you don't have money to create a portfolio then I I will help give you the tools to create a portfolio at virtually no cost.
- If you are already a stylist and wondering if you will learn anything new from this course - I would say that if you are currently a working stylist then you probably won't learn anything wildly new here. However, it is always interesting to see how other stylists do it so I will leave that up to you!
How long will the course take me?
There will be 6 modules and a number of short creative tasks to complete. It can take you as little or as long as you like and your membership expires 365 days after you make your purchase!
What will I need to complete the course?
Just you, your computer, pen and paper and then when we start talking about creating portfolio images it will be objects that you have around the house that you can utilise.
Will you offer me feedback?
This is a self-paced course and I won't be able to offer feedback during the course. However, I will be including an 'add-on' at the end so if you wish to request feedback from me then, you will have the option to pay an additional fee for some one-to-one guidance. There is also the private Facebook group that you can join, where you can chat with other course members.